Get the most out of your Medicare, with an Advantage Plan!
"Plans starting at $0 monthly premium may be available in your state"
No spam calls. No spam email. Just FREE quotes.
What is a Medicare Advantage Plan?
Medicare Advantage Plans offer beneficiaries an alternate option to Medicare’s Part A and Part B (Original Medicare). Oftentimes, Medicare Advantage Plans are referred to as MA or Part C plans and are offered thru Medicare-approved private insurance companies. An Individual enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan has only Original Medicare benefits but generally gets extra health and wellness benefits. In addition, some Part C plans may include a built-in Prescription Drug Plan making it a true all-in-one alternative option.
7 things to know about Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C):
1. Medicare Advantage members are still enrolled into the Medicare Program.
2. If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan you cannot buy a Medigap Plan nor do you need one.
3. *Medicare Advantage Plans cannot charge more than Original Medicare for certain services like chemotherapy, dialysis, and skilled nursing facility care.
4. Part C plan members still have Medicare rights and protections.
5. Medicare Advantage Plans cannot charge more than Original Medicare for certain services like chemotherapy, dialysis, and skilled nursing facility care.
6. Individuals with Pre-existing conditions may still be able to join a Medicare Advantage Plan.
7. **You can only join a plan at certain times during the year. In most cases, you are enrolled in a plan for a year.
Medicare Advantage Plans offer members the same Medicare covered services as provided under Original Medicare. However, most Part C plans have added benefits that are not covered under Part A and Part B such as:
✓ Fitness Programs
✓ Over-The-Counter Drugs
At Fika Insurance we understand that with all options Medicare offers it can be difficult to understand what plan best fit your individual needs and that cost matters. With that said, we are here to help you understand the cost of Part C coverage.
Factors that affect overall cost of having a Medicare Advantage Plan:
➢ Plan Type
➢ ***Whether the plan charges a monthly premium . Many Medicare Advantage Plans have a $0 premium. If you enroll in a plan that does charge a premium, you pay this in addition to the Part B premium
➢ Whether you use the plans in-network providers or out of network providers
➢ How much you will have to pay in co-payments or co-insurance
There are guidelines for Medicare beneficiaries that would like to enroll into a Part C Plan. First, individuals must first be enrolled in Medicare Part A and Part B through the Social Security Office.Then you should contact one of our insurance professionals at Fika Insurance who will help guide you through the enrollment process. Please remember to have the following information available:
• Your Medicare Claim Number
• The date your Part A and or Part B coverage started
This information can be located on your Medicare Card.
How To Complete Your Sign Up...
There are many different ways you can complete your sign up for Medicare including in-person, over-the-phone, or online and it’s important to note that your partners here at Fika Insurance or here to help. You will need the following information:
- Phone Number
- Social Security Number
- Birth Certificate
- Proof of Citizenship